A couple of weeks ago I preached a message on worship, I thought I would share with you the notes that went out around our Church concerning this phenomenal topic. May you be blessed today!
For through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see— such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him. Colossians 1:16 NLT
Worship is not so much about where or how. You can worship in church, at home or anywhere else. But at the center of it all is a Person – Jesus Christ. He is the visible image of the invisible God. Our worship of Jesus reveals the Father to us.
1. Worship starts in the seen and ends in the unseen – God is revealed to us in worship. What begins with a natural act (i.e. raising hands in worship) ends in a supernatural encounter with God. Worship takes us into the realm where Christ is.
2. Worship starts with the ordinary and ends in transforming glory. When we worship Jesus we get to know Him and are made like Him.
3. Worship starts with thanksgiving and ends in wonder. All things were made through Him and for Him. Jesus is supreme over all creation, the beginning and the end. It is all about Him.
1. What is worship to you?
2. What do you do to encourage yourself to worship when you don’t feel like it?
3. What things can keep us from worshipping God? How do we get past them?
4. How does worship change us?
5. If Christ is the visible image of the invisible God, what does that tell us about God?
See you in Church, the best place of all to be encouraged in worship!