“I’m Stepping Up” When we see someone stepping up in an area of their lives often it provokes us to do the same. “I’m Stepping Up”. Maybe you have held dreams for a long time but never stepped into action to begin the possibility of this coming to pass. Now’s the time : “I’m Stepping Up”.
2 Corinthians 8:3 For I testify that they gave as much as they were ABLE, and even BEYOND their ability.
The Macedonian Church broke out in an action provoking the Corinthian Church to do the same. The Macedonian Church did this of their own free will. They took control of their desire to step up.
How do we step up into our future?
1. STEP UP to see the new horizon
– Sow TO not from your harvest. You have to act before you see the horizon. Don’t wait for a harvest before you start, it will never come. Start with the small, get that administration job, sow that first offering, get started.
– Sow WHERE something is happening … volunteer for that project in the area of the company that will get you where you want, sow that offering into your Church, the building fund, areas where life flows.
Paul puts it like this they did “as much as they were able” – ask “what is in my hand?” What gifts, money, ideas do I have I can use right now.
Deuteronomy 8:18 … for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant … for His purpose
2. STEP OUT to get near your horizon
We have to be prepared to step away from things that hold us back. Old patterns of thinking, old connections, old horizons. Is there something you need to give up to step nearer your horizon?
Going without is FASTING. It is good for us and has powerful results. It brings control to our appetites and reserves it for something more significant! Its called “Pay Now Buy Later” not “Buy Now Pay Later”! Pay the price now and you will reap the benefits later.
3. STEP BEYOND to release your horizon
There comes a point where you have to put yourself into God’s hands (as Paul puts it in verse 5 of this Passage in Corinthians). Your future begins with what you do with you.
The Macedonians went “even beyond their ability” – they went into the place of stretch. There comes a point where you have to go beyond what you have done before.
Albert Einstein: “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”.
The 3 benefits of stretch:
1. A Miracle might happen – the story of the widow Zarepheth had nothing left to live off excecpt for a small amount of oil. As she poured it out it was multiplied many times over.
2. Grace is released – Another widow gave all that she had into an offering but we have no account of a miracle. However, we do know that God always makes up for what we count as loss, He always provides and always gives us the courage to seize opportunities constantly around us. This is grace, and it is fully sufficient for you.
3. Our Character is enlarged – King David lived a life where he kept stretching in private at first, but later as a giant-slayer and then a King
Take a step today, up, out and beyond and partner with God in your incredible future. See you in Church.
Watch the video
LOVE this. So powerful and true. Thanks for this!
Comments are closed.