“At the end of every seven years you shall grant a release of debts.” Deuteronomy 15:1 NKJV
Getting out of debt can feel like a long recovery process. How good to know that God is with you in your pursuit of freedom. He is committed to you being on top of your financial world and living with more than enough, abundantly.
Some helpful tips to get you going on the road to recovery:
– draw up a budget and know exactly your financial situation
– put your debts into the cheapest repayment situation possible
– commit to a manageable repayment process (make agreements with utility companies, credit card/banks etc). Think long term about this so you don’t feel regularly disappointed by the debt you have.
– look to better earning opportunities (extra work, higher paid job), but don’t place yourself in a risk of being out of a job or starting a risky new business venture until you are free of the debt.
– if uncontrolled spending is a problem for you, make yourself accountable to someone else. Give them your cards, spend cash.
– talk to a debt counselor, bank manager, financial adviser.
– make an internal decision to be free. Set your faith behind this. Continue to tithe on your income. This releases the power of God to your financial and spiritual world.
If God is for you who can be against you! Freedom is coming your way. God is committed to it with you.